Monday, June 4, 2012

Mojo Monday ~ Spirit Essence Portrait

Spirit Essence Portrait painted by Melissa Harris for Michelle Fairchild
Melissa Harris is an artist I have long admired.  I have followed her work for over 12 years now.  She is one of the artists that makes me go "Wow!"   


Melissa features two web sites of her work.  One is focused on what she describes as Melissa Harris Fine Art and the other is called Creatrix, A Division of Melissa Harris Art Enterprises.


She has the most amazing series with such titles as Empowered Women, Women and Magic, Women and Love, Women and Nature, Women and Meditation, Women and Dreams, Women and Cats, Cycles of the Moon and Mermaids.  


She has created two inspirational decks of cards. One is called Goddess On the Go and the other is Anything is Possible.


Melissa's creations while focused on her amazing paintings also often offer up her gifted insight and healing thoughts.  The messages in her gift cards are often poetic and powerful.  


Her art, which is sometimes available as prints, candles, jewelry, tshirts and more make very thoughtful and beautiful gifts.


For many years I have longed to have her do a Spirit Essence Portrait for me.  This year when my husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday it came to me to finally get this for myself.  I even offered to split the cost with him.  Melissa asks for a photo of the person and then asks the person to include some questions she/he would like answered.  Here is how Melissa describes the portraits on her web site:


Have you ever wondered what aspects of your being would reveal themselves to a psychic or "intuitive" and what these qualities would look like in a painting?
I combine my background as a clairvoyant with my artistic abilities to create your own spirit essence portrait. I will tune into you and do a 7" x 10" watercolor painting of your unique essence as it appears to me in a semi-trance state. I then combine the elements of what I find into your painting in a way that will be helpful for you in your path of development. For example, this might include reminders of issues you are working on, aspects of yourself that you may want to honor, patterns of behavior that you are working on changing, etc. I never know. These are just some examples. The session takes 75 - 90 minutes and you receive the double benefit of learning what I "see" as well as owning a Melissa Harris original painting.  


When I received my personal painting that is featured above I was so very moved by it.  Melissa included a cd on which she recorded her message to me.  It was incredibly thoughtful and intuitive.  At one point I found myself tearing up even as I was so touched.  


Here are several more of my favorite Melissa Harris creations:


Anything Is Possible

In Your Power

Queen of Hearts



No comments: