Monday, May 31, 2010

Express Yourself Monday






















“Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion.” ~ Martha Graham

“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.” ~ Martha Graham


To Express is to communicate what you think or feel, by speaking or writing, or in some other way. Consider the various ways that you love to express yourself. Do you love to talk? Do you love to paint? Do you love to dance? Do you love to sing? How about writing? Sculpting? Gardening?

Share with me here at the Red Boa one way that you love to express yourself. If it is writing poetry share a poem. If you love to paint post a photo of one of your works of art or if you love to garden share a photo of something blooming in your space on your web site and share the link in a comment.

One way I love to express myself is by taking an existing object and transforming it into something more with paint, accessories and so forth. An example is the Magic Mirror I embellished for my young 4-year-old daughters. I painted, added jewels and stones, and wrote empowering words on it. This was one of my ways of expressing my love for them as well as share with them ideas of confidence, good self-esteem and self-love.























Recently my great-niece who is about to turn 3-years-old saw the mirror and was enamored with all the sparkles. I am making one for her now too for her birthday.

Here is an adorable video that demonstrates the sheer joy and fun of expressing yourself by singing and dancing while Moving to A Different Beat:







No comments: