Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Naked Vulnerability

CC Magazine Logo (1)

699bd-michellefairchildccmagazineheader4-5-13


Come read my latest article called
Naked Vulnerabilityin Cosmic Cowgirls Magazine.


I sat in the creek, sweet water gurgling and caressing my naked body.  I gazed at the greenery, the light reflecting off the water, and felt the very chilly water pour over my thighs, while the gentle breath of warm air on my face and shoulders offered a stark contrast.  Under the canopy of tall trees and dappled sunlight it was easy to feel small, but in a good way, in the way you feel awe struck and full of wonder about the breathtaking beauty of our planet.  Nature often has that effect on me, but to experience being completely naked and so remarkably peaceful as I listened to the natural sounds of birds and the water, was spiritually soothing and uplifting. Harmonizing with the rustling of leaves and the babbling water flowed the spoken word of a sacred water dedication,

Water Spirits know this child as your sister…
Give her the ability to flow in life’s stream…
Great Spirit, this child is of the people…
guide her to always walk in beauty
.”

Come read the entire article over at Cosmic Cowgirls Magazine.
IMG_0241
Dos Aguas photo by Michelle Fairchild

No comments: